If you’re packing up the boot with the picnic, strapping the kids in and taking a trip out this weekend then I wouldn’t set sail without reading this article. Forget the weekly routine and get yourselves out, discover Yorkshire and all it has to offer.
What are you waiting for? Here are 5 fantastic Days out in Yorkshire hand picked by us!
The Forbidden Corner
The Forbidden Corner is a unique experience for all the family, built in the four-acre gardens of Tupgill Park in the Dales. The park hosts a warren of tunnels, mazes, sculptures, statues all weird and wonderful. Guaranteed to be like nothing you have ever experienced before. The corner is filled with riddles to solve, tricks to avoid and dead ends to confuse your mind. The Forbidden Corner has the ability to bring out the child locked away inside mums and dads and entice them into the mystery in hand. There are underground chambers, tunnels that shrink down to tiny doorways and statues waiting to surprise the unaware. Entrance numbers are limited so you have to book in advance. The Forbidden Corner is a great day out for adventure loving children and adults alike.
- 01969 640 638, theforbiddencorner.co.uk. Admission is by pre-booked ticket only, adults £11.50, Senior Citizens £10.50, children (4-15) £9.50, family ticket £40, Children under 4 enter free.
The Deep, situated in Hull, is home to over 3,500 fish including green Saw fish, over 7 species of Shark, Rays and much more and houses around 2,500,000 litres of water and is billed the worlds only submarium! Take a trip through the world’s oceans, from the tropical waters of the Amazon to the cold Antarctic depths. Enjoy the view and and interact with the educational signs and displays. Daily dive shows and animal presentations show you the divers hand feed the animals at 2pm everyday! Take a walk through the glass viewing tunnel and relax as the marine life glide above your head. To end your day, take a ride in the worlds only underwater glass elevator up through the tank. With a days worth of activities and educational presentations, what better place to take the kids while on their Jolly Holidays!
- 01482 381000, www.thedeep.co.uk. Tickets available to book online a cheaper price but not necessary, adults £11.75, Senior Citizens’Students £10.75, children (3-15) £9.75, family of 4 ticket £38.60, Children under 3 enter free.
Admittedly not everybody’s cup of tea, Go Ape is an action packed adventure day out for the kids and adults alike. With 28 unique locations across the country, Yorkshire’s pride lies within the branches of Dalby Forests. With a variety of different activities, there’s something for most. Have an off road ride on the unforgettable Segway experience. Hit the high ropes on the tree-top adventure course feature ziplines, Tarzan swings, tunnels and and bridges. Also available is the Tree Top Junior course for the mini Tyke’s. If you have your inner Tarzan bursting out, head over and feel at ease with the guys at Go Ape. All safety precautions are covered and equipment thoroughly check and registered.
- 0333 331 7812, www.goape.co.uk. Tickets available to book online. Prices vary depending on activity booked. See website for details. Minimum age of 10 for adult courses, Junior courses start at 1m height.
Located outside the market town of Malton, Eden Camp is multi-award winning modern history museum housed within the grounds of an original World War Two prisoner of war camp.Eden camp incorporates all the senses to take you back in time to Britain in WW2. Experience the smells, sights and sounds of WW2 Britain in a variety of different huts featuring; eras of war, Women of war, Prisoners, soldiers and civilians plus much more! Over 30 huts filled with informational displays and moving figures. Eden Camp is the go to place of history for both the young and no to young.
- 01653 697777, www.edencamp.co.uk, Group admissions can be pre-booked at a discounted prices (10 or more people). Single admissions prices are as follows; Adults £6.50, Children and Seniors £5.50.
Yorkshire Wildlife Park
Yorkshire wildlife park situated in Doncaster holds host to a wide variety of animals from around the globe! From Lion Country, Land of the Tigers and African Plains to the Woodland Trail and The Meerkat and Mongoose Mansion. The park really does have it all! If you’re a true animal lover, this is the Yorkshire day out for you! Yorkshire Wildlife Park has a credited adoption scheme which offers VIP adopters access to the park for all those who to support the funding. Meet the spectacular Polar Bears Victor and Pixel in their home containing a lake covering an area of 6500 square metres and contains over 25.5 million litres of water. The park is a must visit for all animal lovers, also with an annual pass available! Safari nights are also now available to book for the 29th of August only!
- 01302 535057, www.yorkshirewildlifepark.com. Tickets available to book online but not necessary. Ticket prices are as follows; Adult £16, Children (3-15) £13, Senior/Student £14, Children 2 and under go free. Disabled visitors enter at a lower price, see website for more details.